Can you recommend a good plumber in Reading?

Use your own instinct, you be the judge when you ask a plumber to quote and do a job, common sense will tell you if he,s genuine and his quote/estimate is fair.
If he sounds confident and dont give you bull then thats a good starting point.

Sponsored Links
RGI = could mean 6 week course wonder with no idea about plumbing AT ALL and no experiance

Plumber = SHOULD mean a 4 year apprenticeship on site in all aspects of either domestic or commericial plumbing/heating/drainage/gas (which will also make him a RGI)

Handyman/Bathroom fitter/Kitchen fitter = NOT A PLUMBER

For wet work a plumber will 9/10 times be more suited experienced.

Try CIPHE if you want a "plumber" expect to pay a decent wage to a decent installer. My company charge £35+VAT/hr for wet plumbing. But we are ooop north

It's more likely that the only person who'll work on any part of the CH system will also be an RGI.

I see many RGI's that do all but the 'plumbing only' chaps round here don't seem to want the grief, sh*t money, call backs and unreasonable customer expectation associated with CH faults (pumps, HW systems, controls etc) so tend to stick to bathrooms, wet rooms, showers, kitchens, water treatment, guttering, waste, soil & vent.

doitall talking complete and utter nonsense in this thread, talk about making ones self look ridiculous.

Sponsored Links
doitall talking complete and utter nonsense in this thread, talk about making ones self look ridiculous.

Glad you think so, perhaps you should get out in the real world, are you worried about plumbers pinching your over inflated work.

I have done a full apprenticeship and served my time, course cowboys are of no concern to me.

I have done a full apprenticeship and served my time, course cowboys are of no concern to me.

We are not talking about course cowboys or fly-by-nights but skilled plumbers that are more than capable of installing the wet side of a heating system.

It's a known fact that an RGI charges more per hour than a time served plumber, and anyone with a problem with their heating other than the boiler will save money getting a plumber and not a boiler engineer (RGI)

And you can argue the fact as long as you like. On the cards a plumber will be getting around £12. whereas an RGI nearer £20.

Here you go JIB rates for 13/14. Plumbing etc is near the bottom.

http://www.unitetheunion.org/how-we...onstruction/constructioncollectiveagreements/

We are not talking about course cowboys or fly-by-nights but skilled plumbers that are more than capable of installing the wet side of a heating system.

It's a known fact that an RGI charges more per hour than a time served plumber, and anyone with a problem with their heating other than the boiler will save money getting a plumber and not a boiler engineer (RGI)

You are talking gibberish, fully qualified plumbers are gas trained, other wise they are not a fully qualified plumber.

Trying to find one or the other will only lead you to employing cowboys, that is the only fact here.

An engineer who analyses and fault finds on a technical level and services equipment will never be as fast or as good as an installation fitter.

Two different jobs. Each to their own.

Doitall is spot on.

Here you go JIB rates for 13/14. Plumbing etc is near the bottom.

http://www.unitetheunion.org/how-we...ion/constructioncollectiveagreements/[/QUOTE]

They are just minimum wage recommendations for site work, it does not split the trade up like you suggest, course cowboys don't get these jobs.

f1t8IuV.jpg

An engineer who analyses and fault finds on a technical level and services equipment will never be as fast or as good as an installation fitter.

Doitall is spot on.
Two different jobs, not two different trades.

You don't need to double space your text..

Doitall is spot on.
Two different jobs, not two different trades.

You don't need to double space your text..

So analysing a pcb is the same trade as a skilled pipe welder?

How good are you with oxy/acetllene and welding or brazing rods?

You are talking gibberish, fully qualified plumbers are gas trained, other wise they are not a fully qualified plumber.

Trying to find one or the other will only lead you to employing cowboys, that is the only fact here.

Who's talking gibberish :LOL:

Gas is an add on the same as oil, solid fuel etc.

I know lots of plumbers that are not gas registered.

The more you object the more I think your worried about loosing work to the local plumber.

There is no argument, just two people talking nonsense, trying to pass it off as fact.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back