Can you recommend a laser level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Think I ought to get a new one. Mines a bit of a nightmare and I've started doing everything with a straight edge and level and it's very slow.
I'm talking about outside work.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
whats you budget
FOR Diy use, as i was putting in some radiators and curtain poles on 4 windows - and last time i used a 1800mm level and found it difficult on my own to do

I recently (a couple of months ago) purchased the stanley laser Green on offer from toolstation/screwfix , cant remember off had , self leveling abot £60
BUT a lot depends on specifcally what you are after - Accuracy % , quality etc and budget

this one

green is supposed to work much better outside - have not used outside yet , but have some fence work to do later this year

As i say just for DIY , and was not after super accuracy - it was level across 5m compared with the level and eye

I have the Magnusson self leveling one from Screwfix, I see they're £60 atm but I think I paid about £30 when on offer, seems pretty good and fine for daylight use though not tried using it outside yet.

Need to use Duracell's too as it doesn't seem to work with crappy battery's.

A lot if levels are restricted outdoor to cloudy/dusk/dawn levels of lighting unless using a beam detector. These which only works if the laser has the same beam colour and emits a compatible pulse which not all do.
If you buy one that doesn't pulse to find out its unsuitable outdoors your stuffed as you won't be able to add a detector later

You should be using a detector for external work. Not self leveling is not an issue, it could be more accurate than a self levelling unit.

I picked up this in the Lidl bargain bucket for £13.

IMG_20240203_152146137.jpg

Seems to work ok, I used it to build my house.

Screenshot_20240203-151656-787.png

Thanks people I'll check out the recommendations. I used my cross level one the other day when it started getting dark. Got something to work from at each end about 16 metres apart.
I did use an audible one over a decade ago whilst doing a swimming pond. Just what you need in bright sun. The range was massive. I assume they're not cheap though. Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back