Cancer and meat

What a load of absoluet cobblers. If we listened to all the "experts" (tradesmen????????) who say don't eat this and don't that we would all starve to death.

Sponsored Links
I'm a pescatarian (eat fish but not meat) and if I went back to meat, I'd make sure it was organic. Animals tend to get a lot of antibiotics given to them to keep them healthy, and I suspect this is also part of the reason some germs are becoming resistant to antibiotics. The Americans used to put growth hormones in their cows, and it created horrendous mutations, but I suspect this has been stopped now. Okay, I know that the fish are ingesting loads of plastic, and that's getting into my system, but I'm realistic, and refuse to get paranoid. I even eat the meat gravy if I go out to the local carvery; hell, I ate meat till I was 40, so I can't be sanctimonious over it.

I shan't comments on the Vegans, because I think they're a bit crazy. Nature gave us animals that produce milk, and that gives us cheese and butter, and if it's good enough for nature, then who am I to criticise it. Oh, and apologies to any vegans out there; you're entitled to be as crazy as I am.

What a load of absoluet cobblers. If we listened to all the "experts" (tradesmen????????) who say don't eat this and don't that we would all starve to death.
Avoid alcohol, fags, fatty foods. Eat plenty of oily fish and fresh vegetables.

Listen to me and you WILL live longer. You may have a very dull life though.

Except we don't have an expiry date stamped on our arse when we arrive in this world, so while statistically, it can be shown that we may well live longer if we had a clean lifestyle, it could well be that we would have lived till the day we die, no matter what we did. We know that some smokers will die of cancer, whilst others will live to a normal old age, and a mediteranian diet is reckoned to give you a longer life, yet they drink a lot, and eat a lot of fatty foods.

I am not afraid of death, only of the manner in which I die, and I will go from the world having lived it to the full. I have enjoyed much champagne, and many women, and I have done lots of stupid things well, but I can say that I lived, even if I did **** loads of people off whilst doing it.

And I will also not say that you are wrong Noseall, just that there may be a bigger picture here as well.

Sponsored Links
I don't advocate what I posted, heaven forbid. But the truth is undeniable. Look at the Japenese.

Yup, they have now taken on a more western style of eating, and are suffering all sorts of health issues, but I suspect we are also becoming poisoned by all sorts of environmental chemicals, and in truth, I'd advocate avoiding drugs and smoking, and my brother when he drinks whiskey, as that makes him turn nasty.

for what its worth
i gave up sugar in my coffee when it was rationed in 73
gave up sugary pop in about 81with no refined sugar bought for 30 years
gave up added salt in about 88 with most home meals cooked fresh
gave up caffine about 95
i have always had a reasonably balanced diet with little meat mostly fish and veg over many years with quite an active life(y)
unfortunately i love whisky cider crisps and cheese:D
so i do suffer

You need sugar in some form or other. a vegan diet needs a lot of work to be healthy. A lot of the claims are by association (i.e people who are vegan live longer because they are vegan) and that’s bad science. I know a lot of vegan women and most of them suffer mental illness/bunny boiler syndrome- so being vegan causes mental illness- fact ;)

there has long been a link between meat and cancer, but I think a stronger link between processed meat and cancer.
I think beef is a lesser problem than processed pork, fopr example. I tend to avoid pork these days, along with lamb, as they seem to upset my stomach a bit. Never have a problem with beef. Anything that causes an immune response has the potentional to be causing other longer-term damage.

What is it with vegetarians and their 'veggie' sausages and burgers? I'm a meat eater but I don't go around making carrots and sprouts out of beef!!

Surely a sausage is a meat version of a carrot, and ham is meat version of lettuce?

I'm a veggie and have been for about 20 years, don't forget that the cows have growth hormones which I think is some sort of penicillin which ends up on your dinner plate. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Last year on the Brussels Broadcasting Corporation was a documentary about vegans, they live longer and enjoy a healthier lifestyle.

No cattle in certain countries are administered rBGH (recombinant bovine growth hormone) illegal in the EU. Which is why US beef is banned (and the fact it tastes awful and is grain fed in the main)

No cattle in certain countries are administered rBGH (recombinant bovine growth hormone) illegal in the EU. Which is why US beef is banned (and the fact it tastes awful and is grain fed in the main)
Would that have been an integral part of the TTIP negotiations that we start eating their beef full of growth hormones?

Sponsored Links
Back