Candy CDI 1012 doesn't strart when door closed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a Candy CDI 1012 integrated dishwasher. Suddenly for no apparent reason the cycle would not start when I closed the door.
There is power going to the machine and I am able to select a wash program.

Normally the sequence of operation is as follows

1) Open door select program
2) Close door wash starts

The wash does not start after step 2 so this indicated that there is something wrong with the door switch mechanism. So I opened the front of the dishwasher panel to check.

The door switch mechanics looked fine. I tested the switch itself by manually closing the switch while the door was open and the program started. So the switch appears to be ok. However when I closed the door the cycle stops. This indicates there is something happening when the door is being closed (at around 20-30 degrees from being fully closed). At this point there is still power going to the machine as the program light remains on.

Is there some other door switch mechanism in the system that I need to check or could is there something else going wrong?

Any ideas?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
There is no other interlock apart from the mechanical switch on the door operating the micro switch.

You say you operated the switch manually, was that the micro switch or the mechanical part.

The mechanical parts can fail to engage fully with the part on the chassis or to operate correctly despite looking ok visiualy.

There is now other interlock apart from the mechanical switch on the door operating the micro switch.

You say you operated the switch manually, was that the micro switch or the mechanical part.

The mechanical parts can fail to engage fully with the part on the chassis or to operate correctly despite looking ok visiualy.
I have the same problem, how do i check the door switch to see if it is faulty please

Take the interlock out and look at it, its hard to explain how it all works as each one is slightly different, ensure the machine is unplugged first.

You have a claw type part that engages on the loop in the chassis, this is connected to a piece that presses on the micro switch when the door is closed.

Parts can break off and or the plastic deforms preventing it from operating correctly.

Sponsored Links
There is no other interlock apart from the mechanical switch on the door operating the micro switch.

Hi thanks for the reply, I did a few checks.

First without opening front of the dishwasher at all I used a screwdriver to push the door switch is a closed position. The spring mechanism clicks. When I opened the door and chose a program the cycle would start. When I closed the door the cycle would stop.

Then I opened the front of the dishwasher and took apart the switch from the mechanical assembly and manually kept it in the closed position using some crocodile clips. I verified that the machine cycle ran with the door open (effectively I bypassed the door switch mechanics completely). When I closed the door however the cycle would again cut off.

This is the confusing point which makes me think the fault may be somewhere different from the door switch mechanism. Unless the micro switch is sensitive to position.

The only test I haven't done is to connect both terminals connected by the micros switch together thus bypassing both the mechanics and the micro switch. The behavior after doing this will verify whether the door switch mechanism is in anyway to do with this issue

To check the mechanical part of the switch I have had to on occasion take the whole switch section out with the power off and then check continuity through the micro switch.
Then put the interlock onto the loop on the chassis while watching the mechanism and testing again. The linkage should press on the micro switch closing the N/O contacts.
Sometimes this part does not happen properly or the contacts burn out.

Hello

I had the same problem.

Check the wiring loom between the door and the main unit, I found the wire going to the switch was damaged, so when the door was opened it made the circuit, but when the door was closed it opened the circuit and thus stopped the machine.

Quick fix

Don't forget to turn the power off!!

Hope this helps

Dan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back