Candy CE 450 Washing Machine....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people,

Got a Candy CE450 washing machine, wife came to me tonight, saying the machine is not going into the fast spin.

I thought ok me being a computer engineer (little that does with a washing machine as I found out).

Turned the machine off at the mains, tried to open the door (wife THEN tells me it don't open for a while as its a safety precaution, umm ok). So I wait for it to give me the door back, which it does... eventually.

Took the clothes out of the machine, which are still wet by the way, theres still water acutally in the drum, so then wife says "close the door and i'll put it on the setting to empty the water". OK, she does that,,,waits,,,waits,,,waits a bit more, then nothing actually is happening, no water emptying.

I can hear the machine in operation like theres elec going through it, just it's not doing anything. I checked the drum, looks like the belt it still on, well I turned the drum, it doesn't seem loose enough to feel like the belt is snapped/off. I haven't moved/checked inside it yet to see if the belt is actually snapped, but I don't *think* it is.

So, I thought hey, look around on the net maybe for a troubleshooter to see what is up with this spinning metal box, still full of water....

Found something that *may* resemble the problem, but wondered if any of you nice *washing machine knowledgable chaps* would think it was the cause of the problem.

Do the brushes need changing in the machine? Have no idea what the hell they are or what they even do. If it is them, would a washing machine amateur like myself be able to do it, without calling someone out do it?

I'm pretty competent with elec items, just never actually played around with a washing machine before, but then again why would i....

Any help appreciated.

Jay :D

Sponsored Links
on most w/m for no /slow spin the brushes are the first thing to check.
If they can be changed on a candy w/m is a differnt question.

The brushes are the carbon "connectors" that allow the current to flow to the rotor (moving bit) on the main w/m motor. Over time they do wear out causing a bad connection and arcing.(another story)

BUT as your m/c has still got water in it, the pump should be the first point of call, empty the mc (clothes and water) and see if the m/c will spin when empty

easiest way to get water out is to put the m/c grey hose into a bowl on the floor and the water will come out under gravity, if it doesn't the pump (or filter if fitted) is blocked

Thanks a lot Breezer, cleaning the filter did the trick wonderfully. Didn't even know there was a filter on it, shows my ignorance with washing machines really.

It had a 3 inch pin jammed in it, plus a coin, so that definately caused the problem.

So now the machine is running great and quieter than ever before (apparently) according to the wife :D

Thank you again (wife also says thanks too)

Jay

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back