CANDY CSF458E dishwasher buzzing not washing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, when we start our 3 or 4 year old dishwasher, it pumps out (normal), fills (normal), but then just sits there buzzing when I think it used to do lots of pumpy, squirty sloshing about type things. i havent sat and watched it for an hour or so (we usually use the timer to run it overnight) but it completes the program quite happily, seemingly unaware that it hasnt actually washed anything, the mushy tablet sitting exactly where it fell out of the flap. I'm guessing the pump has failed, but at nearly a hundred quid a pop, I wanted to pick you guys brains in case it was some interlock stopping it from running. I took the side off (resorting to brute force and a swearword or 7, because the white plastic bit at the front bottom corner refused to budge) and you cant see very much, but anyway, does anybody know if it is likely to be the pump, and if so , which one?
ta very much, Mark (& Alison!) :confused:

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a wash motor problem...defective capacitor, jammed impellor, or a faulty motor. Process of elimination I'm afraid. Wash motor is the large one. Your model should have a removable base-plate, once it is off there is good access to most components.

Cheers Zipper, it was the capacitor, so we're back in business for under a tenner! :D Just in case there's anybody else reading this with the same machine, the reason I couldnt get the white placcy bits off even though I thought I'd taken out all the screws on the metal side covers, is that there's another screw that you cant see til you tip the machine backwards and then unscrew the two screws near the front feet, holding the lower trim on. Pull the trim off towards you and THEN you can get to the remaining screws holding the little placcy trim pieces on thus releasing the side. Thanks again to the site and especially Mr Zipper! :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back