Candy GO F 662 washing machine not working - "Cold Wash" button blinks/flashes twice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've just bought a Candy GO F 662 washing machine, second hand.

It worked fine for the first 3 or 4 washes, but now it's just stopped.

When I try and start a wash, the "Door Security" light, the "Max" light and the "3h" light stay on - see photo, below.

Water does flow into the "washing powder tray" (or whatever it's called!), but nothing turns.

Then after a couple of minutes or so, the "Cold wash" button blinks twice.

What I've tried:
1. I unscrewed the drain cover cap (located at the front/bottom/left of the machine) and a fair amount of water came out. I pulled the cap off (had to use some plyers) but there was just another black plastic piece behind which I couldn't get off. I couldn't see any signs of a blockage, though.
2. I removed the water inlet pipe from the back of the machine. Disconnected, I opened the tap on the wall and water seemed to come through fine.
3. Back on the washing machine side, I noticed there was some muck around the water inlet filter. I washed the muck away and tried to remove the filter - could turn it but not remove it (maybe you need needle nosed plyers for that?).

Reconnected the water to the machine and retried, but still no luck.

So no idea what the problem is. Seems strange that it worked fine for a few washes then has just stopped.

Any suggestions/ideas much appreciated.

Thanks,
James

PS - The door doesn't seem to open again unless I open the drain cover again - I'd say about a litre or two of water comes out and then the door will open again. Does it sound like a blockage somewhere??

Attachments

• 20171205_173634.jpg
    20171205_173634.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 1,168
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I've found and fixed the problem... :)

I looked up Candy/Hoover error codes on the web -
- and found two flashes means the machine isn't filling properly.

So I took the lid off the machine (3 little bolts at the back/top, then the lid slides backwards, then lifts off) and saw there are two hoses going from the water inlet to the powder tray. Disconnecting them in turn, Idiscovered that only one was supplying water to the powder tray.

So I traced the wires from solenoid switch of the inactive hose and saw that it goes to the PCB. Noticed that connector for it was hanging out, so pushed it back in... and now it's all working again!

It must have just shaken loose.

Hopefully this will help someone else. Even if you don't have exactly the same problem, it could be worth checking the connectors in your machine also haven't come loose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back