CANDY WASHER DRYER CIW 100 T CONTROL FAULT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
The machine tripped the ring main rcd a couple of times.
I tested the heaters for earth leakage. ( After disconnecting, with a megger appear to be clear ) The machine will now run without tripping the rcd, but when the wash program starts the machine fills as normal but goes into what looks like a fast spin in forward for about five seconds,,then into reverse for the same length of time,then stays stationary.
This also happens if spin only is selected.
I have inspected the pcb for any visual sign of damage, but looks OK.
Advice welcome,and if the PCB is the culprit where can i purchase one.
Cheers GARY.

Sponsored Links
Difficult one.
If your rcd tripped it points to an earth fault (which often boils down to a bad element). But it could also be caused by any number of things. If you have checked IR on both elements with a 500v megger then I guess the are ok (at least when cold). A tacho-generator problem (shorted/OC) can cause the motor symptoms you describe, but so can a defective pcb (speed regulation circuit). A number of ways to go depending how much time, effort & money you want to put into this. I think I would start by checking out the motor; does it megger ok, are the brushes badly worn, what resistances do you get on the pins, is the tacho coil intact & shaft magnet firmly in place, does it generate a couple of volts when you spin the motor by hand? To make things even more difficult your machine could be fitted with any one of 4 different motors; Ceset, Selini, Sole, or Hoover (each has a different construction & tacho/winding resistance). So you need to identify which motor you actually have. Hoover/Candy pcb's are not famous for their reliability & I believe there is a good chance your problem lies here. You could speak to http://www.emwelec.co.uk/ regarding a recon pcb. Or buy a new one here http://www.espares.co.uk/part/washi...775/0/0/663837/washing-machine-pcb-(prin.html Be sure to include the full machine details when inquiring. If you have to buy a new one make sure it comes pre-programmed. Good luck whatever you decide :D

Many thanks for your advice,
I did remove the motor visual inspected and did a few resistance/continuity test with multi meter on tacho,armature and field windings, No open or short circuit found although I didn't carry out any insulation tests with the megger on the motor.
I think i will take a chance and replace the electronic control module.

I am finding it very difficult to locate the electronic module ( part number 41004197 )for the washer/dryer. I thought is would be easy to locate.

Have tried WWW.ESPARES but they say part out of stock,and they can only send me an email when the part is available. They do have a similar looking pcb but the part numbers are different? I will try WWW.EMWELEC. as you suggested. Thanks for the tip, making sure its programmed.
Cheers Gary.

There are 2 different pcb's for this model. That is why I mentioned it was very important to quote the "full model details" when ordering spares. If your s/n - prod code is lower than 0345 then the correct pcb p/n is 91200603. If it is higher than 0345 then the pcb p/n is 41004197. Both pcb's can be purchased from espares. See my last post for p/n 91200603...here is the second one http://www.espares.co.uk/parts?k=41004197

Sponsored Links
Hi,
The sixteen digit number on the machine, which I think is the serial number? Starts with 3180---------- I quoted this to espares,but they say the pcb is not available for at least 2 weeks
The part number printed on the module from the machine itself is 41004197 which I mentioned in my last post.
Many Thanks.
Gary.

Thanks for the time you have taken to sort out this problem.
I have ordered the part,and will post the outcome in the future.
Cheers GARY.

Certainly did, I must have spent hours trying to find the part.
Many thanks.
Gary.

Hi,
I fitted the control module pcb and the machine is back up and running.
I did another insulation megger test on the heating elements, and the dryer heater was down to 2.75 Megohm, so to be on the safe side I disconnected them, as I only need the machine for washing.
I think an earth fault on the heating element and tripping out the rcd may have damaged the module.
Once again, THanks for your help.
Gary.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back