Candy Washing machine CBL132. Awful noise whilst spinning..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
help required please. Have candy w/machine CBL132. about 6 years old..About two weeks ago made terrible noise when spinning at 1200 speed. Upon investigation. I opened the filter and found what looks to be the remains of 2 tapered copper sleeves.. They looked well battered and i would imagine they have come through the pump somehow into the filter. I have run spinning on machine since with no clothes and it runs smoothly with no noise. Have put wash in and spun it and it started to make noise again.
Is there a bearing somewhere between the steel drum and the outer plastic casing at the front?. Somewhere behind the door seal. I know it has bearing on back to support the belt. This is ok. Surely there must be something that keeps these parts parallel and constant with each other whilst rotating. I take it this only arrises when concentric loads at spun at high revs. Any ideas would be much appreciated and can i do the repair with parts. Or is this a one piece unit that cannot be repaired.
Many thanks AP

Sponsored Links
The inner drum has a spider (3 or 4 legged casting with the drum shaft on it) usually bolted to the inner drum but occasionally mounted on the outer drum.

This goes through a seal, an inner bearing and an outer bearing (the bearings have a gap between them.

The seal wears and allows water through this then causes the inner bearing to corrode and wear. The outer bearing you can see may look perfect but you can not see the inner one without taking the machine apart.

The full weight of the drum and washing is supported by the shaft going through these bearings at the back of the machine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back