Cannon 10287G oven temp wrong

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Main oven takes a long time to heat up. At higher settings it can't reach temp. Gas mark 9 gives 180 deg c. The thermostat was recently replaced by an engineer, but didn't solve the problem (Made no difference). The flame starts low and then goes high as normal. I thought I would ask here for a second opinion prior to getting any other work done. Is it basically a duff oven?

Sponsored Links
Since no one else replied, I'll answer the question myself. It was a burned out FFD probe. Fixed.

Thanks for posting the solution.
You never know when someone will stumble on this post in the distant future ...and think aaahh! :)
(y)

Indeed. It is an odd one, as I would have thought a faulty FFD temp probe would give low gas then full gas, not somewhere in between. There is a noticeable difference in the burn. If anything it is slightly too hot now. I would imagine the probe will temper over time though.

Sponsored Links
As a side note, the FFD i needed for that oven Cannon 10287G Mk2 no longer exists, so i got a similar equivalent. The inlet and outlets are spaced further apart, but the pipework is long enough that there is sufficient "give" to cram it in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back