Cannot drain micorbore central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whilst trying to resolve a cold radiator i have discovered that i cannot drain the whole CH system.

I have tried draining from all the radiators on the ground floor but nothing comes out of any of them. There is water flowing trough them as all heat up. I can drain the first floor by draining from one of the first floor radiators.

I have being trying to resolve a blockage on a first floor radiator and have had Fernox F3 in the system for a week - no luck. (was only able to drain half the system in order to do this)

Are both problems related? Any suggestions on how i can drain the whole system so i can fulsh out the F3?

Sponsored Links
is this by breaking the joint with the lock shield / trv or by a drain valve? drain valves do get stuck and clog up. have you tried the hammer method of loosening things up?

by using the drain valves. All three rad's downstairs have them and none work. Have given all of them a good tap with the spanner to loosen any potential debris. Still no luck. Not so much as dribble. They have all worked in the last 3 years as i have removed them all for decorating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back