Do I need to replace all the central heating pipes?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I had a new boiler installed by BG in June this year. They put Fernox F1 and F3 to clean the system. I called them today as one of the radiators was only getting luke warm. The engineer changed the valve and drained the radiator and now another one in the same room is not working. He said that I need to replace all the pipes as there is a blockage somewhere or try a manual clean. The system is micro bore.

Thanks I really would appreciate your advice

Sponsored Links
You need to check the terms and conditions of what you were sold. I would suggest you are entitled to get the current problem fixed FOC. Are you on homecare or was the boiler change done as a stand alone job?

Sponsored Links
Thanks Nickso for replying - the old boiler was on homecare - had to have a new one as the parts were no longer available (new one on homecare 400 too) - just upset that the rads were working - one was really hot and the other was warm and now no heating at all in the lounge. The salesman said that they couldn't powerflush the system something about the system having 'manifolds' - but I don't really understand the system

:oops:

Appreciate your response.

V

So you're not on homecare now?

I really hope they at least offered you a filter to keep the carp out of your new boiler.

Sorry yes still on homecare they gave it free when we got the new boiler and no mention of a filter????

Thanks V

. The salesman said that they couldn't powerflush the system

V
possibly true - but an old school plumber could flush the microbore with mains water . Been , done . got T shirt :LOL: just too much trouble for BG who look after your world - and their shareholders too - allegedly

It was an Ideal boiler put in in 1987 and the engineer gave me the part number to try to find on the internet -( I did try but the part came up as discontinued) even after he had tried to get parts from another source but it was obsolete - I did think that after 24 years it was time for a new one ... they told me that they had cleaned the system before the new boiler install . and only two months later the pipes are blocked and now I have to replace all the pipes!! The radiators were working for 20 years but today after BG visit to try to improve the heat coming from one radiator I have no heating in the lounge.. I have read on the boiler installation instructions that me and the engineer signed on the installation date (of a Greenstar Ri page 9 installation, commissioning and servicing instructions) that the system should have been cleaned and flushed before and after the new boiler was fitted.

Thanks for your time!

V

Cut out and repipe the manifolds, its likely to be a lump of dirt moving about.

Fernox f1 and f3 cold/hot flush is as per manufacturers instructions so the bg bashers wont have any luck placing blame this time unfortunately

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back