Central Heating - Additive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not long ago, we moved into the house and had the central heating system filled back up by a plumber. We asked if they could come back and put in some additive (Fernox F1 etc).

Anyhow...weeks...months later were still waiting and its time to do it ourselves. I have checked the FAQ in this section, and I does not have the answer.

I have Fernox F1 & Fernox F5 which can be filled via the cold filling loop. I was going to put the F5 in for 3-4 weeks, then drain the system down..flush through and then put in the F1...

The question....

I assume that Fernox F5 is the newer version of Fernox F3...as I could not find Fernox F3 in a cold-filling-loop bottle.

I did not really want to remove a bleed valve and pour in using a jug/tea-pot...

Sponsored Links
If it's a poorly designed open vented system it may have a benefit, otherwise save your money... A complete gimmick on sealed systems with a filter, and on a combi a disaster waiting to happen...

The system is a Combi Boiler with No Filter. Suspect DHW Heat Exchanger is slightly blocked as had to reduce the flow to bring the temp back up.

Its plumbed with 20mm & 15mm, so just something to work on that really...instead of replacing it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back