Powermax 185 Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have recently drained down my Powermax 185 boiler to solve a leak on a bolt connection onto the copper cylinder.

I want to treat the system, I've got some Fernox F3 cleaner to descale it and some Fernox F1 to Protect it afterwards. I need some advice on how to apply the Fernox for best effect and how long to leave it in there.

My system set up as follows: Powermax 185 Thermal Store boiler, with a separate small tank in the loft which feeds the central heating system. Do I pour the F3 Cleaner into the tank in the loft - then leave it in for a few days and then drain it down, then pour the F1 Protector in the tank at the end and then leave it ? How do I descale the hot water side, or will I have already done that by cleaning the tank ??

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Also, I assume it is an 'open vented' system ???? Does anyone know ?

It would appear from your previous posts you have had dealings with the entire Range Powermax line up except the 140?

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=795065#795065

Luis21x
United Kingdom
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:01 pm Post Subject:
If you want answers poking fun at a problem post on here ???
If you can't provide sensible answers, why not fill your time with something worthwhile ?? Unless that is not an option of course....

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:12 pm Post Subject:
Hi,
No one on this site understands how Powermax boilers work.....................
You need an engineer who is experienced specifically with this boiler type, and they will sort it.

How could anyone help you, you being the'expert'

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I want to treat the system, I've got some Fernox F3 cleaner to descale it and some Fernox F1 to Protect it afterwards. I need some advice on how to apply the Fernox for best effect and how long to leave it in there.

Thanks,

I see from your other posts that you write as if you are an expert on the Powermax range of boilers!

In that case I dont understand why you have to ask such basic questions when the products have good instructions on the bottle.

It also relates to another discussion thread that people posting on here for advice dont know if the person giving them advice is a professional or just another DIYer!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back