Cannot fit T8 fluorescent tubes into fittings - any tips?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to replace theT8 tubes (of various sizes) in the counter lights in my kitchen.

I managed to remove the old tubes, but now I cannot get the new tubes to fit into the holders - the pins on the tubes will not fit into the sockets at the ends of the fittings.

(I haven't had this problem when replacing the larger T12 tubes in ceiling fittings, and assumed that the same method should work.))

I cannot replace the old T8 tubes either; assuming that the fitting is not a one-time one, presumably there is a special technique required. Any (constructive) suggestions, please?

I have unplugged one fitting so that I can get at it on the counter and see what I am doing; I attach two pictures.

Sponsored Links
Thank you EFLImpudence, it works easily with the uncoupled one on the bench.

(I must have been lucky to get the old tube out without rotating it - obviously T8 and T12 fittings are different.)

Just the sort of advice I had hoped for.

Happy Christmas.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back