Cannot get blind mounts attached to wall, what am i doing wrong?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
so basically i had to buy my first set of blinds (so that my whole window is covered, plus extra space around it). i would have a rolling blind ascend from the top to the bottom of the window.

however, when i installed it for the first time last year, it wouldn't stay up. what would happen is the weight of it would eventually get too much and it would fall down. initially i thought a part was missing when i got the blinds shipped to me, but now idk if that's the case.

Eventually, I found the only thing that got it to stick was a combination of blue tack and blue masking tape, but it stopped working a few months ago and I'm not able to get it to stick again.

apologies, I'm not good at diy at all. i struggle due to disability, and i have no one to help me. i bought the blind many months ago so cannot go back to the manufacturer.

i've attached 4 pics, 2 with tack and 2 without so people can see the holes.

what should i do now to get this fixed?

thanks so much

Attachments

• 20230529_095733.jpg
    20230529_095733.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 20230529_095724.jpg
    20230529_095724.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 20230529_105008.jpg
    20230529_105008.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 20230529_105140.jpg
    20230529_105140.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 31
Sponsored Links
First of all, get rid of blue tack, seller tape and those Mickey mouse screws.
Then, assess how badly the holes in the timber are: if you can get away with fatter, good quality screws, go for it.
Otherwise, move the brackets equally to the right or left by 1 inch (doing this will have the blind slightly off centre, but it won't be noticeable unless you know)
I assume behind the timber there's plasterboard, so either dot and dab or stud wall.
If instead it's plastered bricks/blocks, you'd better drill through and use wall plugs and longer screws.

Holes are too big in wood.
Just need 3mm pilot hole.
I assume the wood is fixed okay.
Just move blind brackets up or to the side. Make 2 new small holes.
Get some narrow screws, max 3.5mm thick 25mm long

Sponsored Links
Thank you both, i had another look at it. With some trial and error (and finding my smaller screws), I managed to get it fixed :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back