How would I arrange curtains or blinds for this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is my bedroom window which has a door to a balcony (which I don't use).

image.jpg

I'm in the middle of painting and since I moved in I've just had 1 long curtain covering the door, and a pair on the same rail covering the window.

I'm going to hang a new curtain rail. I don't know if it's practical or possible to for blinds too, but what would you do?

1) the same as I did before - just upgrade curtains and pole

2) blind for door, and just get rail and curtain for window (may look weird?)

3) a big set of long curtains to cover door and window ( not sure if that would look right?)

Any ideas as I'm a it stuck about what to do

Sponsored Links
I would suggest that long curtains across the whole area is a bad idea because the longer curtains will cover the radiator. That would mean you paying to heat the curtains and the air above and behind them.

Short curtains wouldn't fit the door so cannot do that across the entire area.

Best bet, IMHO, is blind for door then curtain rail and short curtains for window (coming down to just above the rad)

B

You could have blinds for window and door, or a full length curtain, very little affect on the heating.You could have short curtain at window and a matching curtain on the door itself.

Sponsored Links
I'm siding with full length too. Only as I just think it may look best as it's a bit or an awkward one to design around.

I'd like blinds too. I do night shifts occasionally so would help with sleeping I think and also general comfort.

Not sure it would be too much having both

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back