Cannot get rid of "Zone Tamper" errors on Scantron

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just preformed a first stage reset on my Scantronic 9651 (by shorting the NVM Reset and Kick Start pins etc). This involved opening up the box etc.

When I had closed the box I got "Zone Tamper" errors for 3 of the 6 zones that I have set.

The 3 that work are all radio PIR controlled. The 3 that do not work (the ones with the "Zone Tamper” messages) are 2 X hard wired and 1 X dual tech.

Entering the engineer’s code does not resolve the problem. The obvious answer is that I have disrupted something in the box whilst performing the first stage reset but I do not believe this to be the case as I was extremely careful. Also, I have repeated the reset process several times since and have had varying results (sometimes I am left with only one Zone Tamper message).

Any help would be appreciated as I am a rookie to this kind of thing and am completely stuck. I also don’t want to call the engineer because there is a £150 minimum charge, which is why I tried this myself to begin with.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back