Cannot lock windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have 2 windows with the same problem, when i close the window and try to lock them the windows still remain open, just by pushing it.

Please help i have 2 kids and i don't want them getting close to the windows.

Sponsored Links
The metal plate does not shift into the locking position when turning the handle.

Sponsored Links
If they are upvc, then it's likely the windows have dropped and the mechanism is no longer engaging the frame strikes. If the mechanism isn't moving at all, then it's either broken, the handles are broken, or the spindles are too short and have disengaged from the mechanism. Either way, I'd suggest you call in someone with experience in UPVC installation or repair.

I had similar problem. On removing handle (one hidden screw) I found square spindle out of engagement and refitted it. It happen again because it was too loose and it shot forward when window was closed. The fitting of a longer spindle which cannot move forward has now cured it.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back