CANON ZOOMBROWSER EMERGENCY HELP SONS UNI PICS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last night I shut down my zoombrowser because it was locking, no problems with that and carried on working on PC. Tonight I have gone to open my Canon Zoombrowers programe and obviously something has now happened as it is saying I can 'restore'. I clip to restore and it zips through various files that we have on there (pics) and then a notice comes up saying "INSERT THE FOLLOWING OFFLINE VOLUME SO THAT ZOOMBROWSER CAN COMPLETE THE OPERATION"
There is a little bar which will tell me when this is complete and in the bar is a letter P.
Please help what do I do to restore as my sons University photos are on here and if he knows he will quite rightly go 'haywire'
PLEASE HELP.

Sponsored Links
Only thing I can suggest is that

- try giving it the ZoomBrowser installation CD to see if that's what it's asking for.

- if that doesn't work re-install ZoomBrowser.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the application so I can't tell you any more about what happens when it breaks.

Sponsored Links
Have you all lost your voices ?????

Believe it or not we don't all sit around waiting for you to make a post. We have lives outside of DIYnot!

I would imagine Zoom browser is just an editing/viewing suite. Forget Zoom for a moment and go into the My Pictures folder and see if you can locate the pics in there.

I have at last sorted out the Canon Zoombrowser thing. The pics hadnt gone I found them in the canon folder in explorer and copied to my flash stick. I then reinstalled the CD. It worked perfectly and all the files were still there, and as they are on my stick I also have copy in case anything goes wrong in future. (And my son wont have clue any of this happened, phew) Thanks again to anyone who replied.

have you ever heard of photobucket or flickr they are photo hosting sites that you can setup and restrict access to.

I use them for the most important images we have and it is up to them to look after them..

Oh btw they have free subscriptions which are limited in upload sizes etc but you can upgrade for £25 for two years ish for Flickr...worth every penny and you can share them with the family etc.

I use them for the most important images we have and it is up to them to look after them..

I trust you still have a backup of your "most important images" on a CD or external hard drive at home.

Because "it is up to them to look after them.." is not a lifetime guarantee that their servers will not crash or some other disaster.

You could go to Photobucket one day and get a 404 error message and find your most important images have gone down the tube.

Thanks for those replies. I appreciate the uploading thing but I would never really trust my treasured pics with these places. I did get it all up and running by reinstalling CD and very lucky nothing was lost but obviously some of the files must have been corrupt, and so yes, I have now put all mine and son up his onto our pendrives (I think thats the name). thank you all again.
BUT, I know I shouldnt do this, can anyone help with my other post and the error messages I am getting at the moment when I try use Windows Clean Up Centre.
I will apologise for squeezing that in this post, in advance. :oops:

Did you check the event viewer? It could possibly provide the information you are looking for. Check the Application and System logs at the time the event occured. Some information here and here to help you. If you find any errors and warnings, you can post them for further assistance.

I trust you still have a backup of your "most important images" on a CD or external hard drive at home.

Because "it is up to them to look after them.." is not a lifetime guarantee that their servers will not crash or some other disaster.

You could go to Photobucket one day and get a 404 error message and find your most important images have gone down the tube.

As I work in IT I know the kind of infrastructure behind the services that Flikr and Photobucket run and they are resilient. Just because you get a 404 message doesn't mean you've lost your images.

If money isnt a problem I'd purchase a Buffalo Terrastation with RAID for the disk and save you stuff on that, at least you had some sort of protection that a single external disk can offer.

Sponsored Links
Back