Canopy Cooker Hood Installation Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my first time here and I'm desperately in need of some help!

My husband and I are currently in the process of installing our new kitchen and have ordered this hood. However, in the manual it suggests that when installing it as a recirculating fan it must be ducted out of the top of the cupboard. Would it be possible to box it out and a make breathing cut out in the back of the wall cabinet instead? Any answers will be appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Rear venting this thing would make an awful mess behind the cupboard in time - despite any internal filters.
There would also need to be sufficient space for the air to escape - which would be impossible with cupboards alongside.
So, vent through the top if you must, but to outside is so much better.
John :)

I presume you are thinking that a ducting inside the cupoard will be ugly & take up space, but if you look at various ducting available here http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Ventilation_Index/index.html you will see that you can achieve what the manufacturers advise in their instructions without causing you problems or voiding warranties. As already stated , venting through a wall is much better & is also achievable using ducting.

If the units are on an outside wall why not duct it out.

Cupboards above a hob are pretty much inaccessable anyway so run the duct up vertically through the cupboard as it says !

Sponsored Links
I guess we'll have to duct out the top as ducting out isn't really an option (we live in a flat and the cupboards are located on an internal wall).

Thanks for the answers. It's much appreciated!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back