Can't access Miele Tumble Dryer Motor T650C

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Our stacked washer/dryer is in a utility cupboard, conveniently part-blocked by a wall-mounted boiler. Removing the dryer won't be easy, so I'm trying to strip/repair in situ (i.e. front access only). It's been making loud rumbling/grinding noises and drum has been incredibly hard to turn by hand; I think the motor has seized (rear drum bearing I think is OK, glide rollers look great, belt intact).

Have hinged front door to side and removed the large one-piece front air ducting piece. Now I see the impeller in plastic housing connected to the motor via shaft nut and condenser plate duct via a large rubber flex connector.

How do I access the motor now? Must I remove the outer drum retaining bracket and drop the drum then work from inside/on top?

Thanks for any advice - the repair man had never done a Miele motor so stopped well short of where I've got to now! I may try and find a secondhand spare if indeed it's the motor and not a capacitor etc.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back