Can't find a 25/45 Double Euro cylinder lock.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if I have posted in the correct area here. :rolleyes:

I'm having trouble locating a Euro style double cylinder with 25mm one side and 45 on 'tother (measured to centre of fixing hole).

Overall length 70mm

Any ideas where I can get one, or something near say a 30/50, or a 30/45 for example.

Cheers guys. ;)

Sponsored Links

Cheers for that, yes they have a 30/45 so that's a lot better than the one thats in the doors now, cheers.

Euro cylinders seem to start at 30mm and go up from there. I did actually find a 25/45 one on the web after hours of searching but then they were advertised as "cheap and cheerful" which started me thinking about how secure a cheap and cheerful cylinder would be. Then I started looking at the whole security aspect, anti-bump etc etc.... Now I'm lost as to what is "acceptable" in terms of security etc etc... :eek:

If somebody wants to get in, they will get in, bumping, drilling or just snapping the cylinder all work, kicking in a flat panel, taking off hinges, brute force with a crow bar can all be done with a bit of know how... just get one that fits and try not to worry to much about it.

I was nearly suckered in to a anti bumping cylinder fanchise because of 'peoples' concerns, I asked around first to friends and nobody that I asked seem interested. I didnt go in to it, seemed to be a bit of a fad, sell on people insecurities

Sponsored Links
Sorry to have sounded so negative, its just that I run around in my head about the best way to do things, throw lots of 'what ifs' in the mix and tend to stump myself and then do nothing!

Better sometimes to go with the saying.. Ignorance is bliss! If it does the job and works put it in, worry not about what others can do to it... Heard a lovely story a few years ago about The Royal Mint having some new fandango paper to print £50 notes on to scupper the forgers, a few days later some rolls of said paper had been nicked!

Heard a lovely story a few years ago about The Royal Mint having some new fandango paper to print £50 notes on to scupper the forgers, a few days later some rolls of said paper had been nicked!

LOL.... I remember when they produced the first "SELF ADHESIVE" stamps.... (Royal Mail..... Mmmm... Royal Mint... is there a pattern here?) And it transpired you could just wipe the frank off the stamp when it arrived at the other end!! LOL.. Wrong paper again!!

I have a pack of those stamps somewhere, made sure I kept them, you never know...

Going to order a couple of those "cheap and cheerful" cylinders for the doors... sod it...

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back