Cant get the euro lock out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've watched the videos but I cant get the lock out.

I have gone further than the video and actually removed the handle but the lock still wont come out. Should I put the handle back on and call a locksmith? 20220129_174053.jpg 20220129_174119.jpg

Attachments

• 20220129_174104.jpg
    20220129_174104.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 92
Sponsored Links
If you have a replacement barrel to go back in have a look at that one to give you an idea of how much to turn the key in order to line up the tab in the vertical position, it needs to be before it will slide out, the key will likely be in the 1 o'clock OR 11 o'clock position when the internal tab is vertical. From one side gently apply pressure while turning the key to either position or just try a full turn of the key both ways

If you have a replacement barrel to go back in have a look at that one to give you an idea of how much to turn the key in order to line up the tab in the vertical position, it needs to be before it will slide out, the key will likely be in the 1 o'clock OR 11 o'clock position when the internal tab is vertical. From one side gently apply pressure while turning the key to either position or just try a full turn of the key both ways

OK, I will have another go. Is it OK that I have removed the handle? Also can I use either key end of the barrel to try lining it up, or does it have to be a particular end, ie - the outside?

Sponsored Links
Removing handle only helps and the key in any end doesn't matter, just don't use both keys at same time

Have you tried the key in both sides, turned it right round just in case? There shouldn't be anything stopping it now so as a last resort you may have to snap it

Hi,

Judging by the key, the lock is an Asec Vital, and there isn't anything special about its security:
vt10023_01_21.jpg
As you already know, you just have to turn the key slightly (and occasionally, it may take a full turn to engage), so that the black 'cam', lines up with the lock body, and the lock should slide out.
It's possible that the doors mechanism is slightly misaligned - refitting a handle and 'jiggling' it may help release it?
But as Crank says, you may have to resort to snapping it :(

Hi,

Judging by the key, the lock is an Asec Vital, and there isn't anything special about its security:
View attachment 259326
As you already know, you just have to turn the key slightly (and occasionally, it may take a full turn to engage), so that the black 'cam', lines up with the lock body, and the lock should slide out.
It's possible that the doors mechanism is slightly misaligned - refitting a handle and 'jiggling' it may help release it?
But as Crank says, you may have to resort to snapping it :(

Knowing my luck I will break the door whilst trying to snap the lock. I have two locks to change - this one where it's stuck and won't come out. The other one - I've worn the head on the retainer screw and despite trying the rubber band method very carefully, I can't get it out.

I think I'm going to have to suck up the costs of a locksmith :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back