Can't I block a vent to a cavity wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small bathroom with two vents through a cavity to air bricks. They are on the same wall approximately 2.5 meters apart. They are not sleeved through simply air brick on the outside and plastic vent on the other.

When fitting my new bathroom the one vent is where the shower will be so would like to block the inside vent and tile across if not an issue.

Where previously there was no extraction fan in the bathroom there is one to be fitted and now double glazed windows.

Would this be a problem to block this up?

What is cavity wall insulation was added at a later date. Any help appreciated guys.

Thanks

Reuben

Sponsored Links
As no one has answered your question, will do so for you.

As long as you are fitting extract fan, then no problem in bricking up air vent and parging sand and cement over to bring flush with existing plaster. Tile away then to your hearts delight. If having cavity wall insulation in the future, then there will be no problem with the one bricked up.
Regards the other one, either do as first, but you will have to make tidy job of patching plaster, or remove interior grill slip cavity sleeve in and refix grill.
Regards oldun

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back