Cant open a UPVC door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in a bit of a pickle with a UPVC door that I cannot open, After fitting a new EU lock barrel I locked the door but now the keys just goes round and round. It probably looks like it is the door mechanism but I cant get the door open to replace it. Apart from drilling the whole EU barrel out can I knock the pins out of the hinges and lift the door free.

I have managed to get the door off the hinges ( bloody heavy these doors) which enabled me to unlock the door by moving the rollers and the lock, but I am still unable to get the barrel out. I have removed the retaining screw but it will not push through, it seems to be hitting something. My next attempt will be to unscrew the strip that hold the lock and 4 point roller assembly to the side of the door, hopefully that will be the problem. Will I have to buy the whole assembly lock rollers etc. or can I just buy the gearbox. Hopefully when I have solved this it will be of some help to someone in the future.

Sponsored Links
Excuse me if I am telling you how to suck eggs but you do know the key needs to be in and turned slightly in order to remove the lock ;)

Also look at "Euro lock snapping" that might be the best way to remove it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back