can't open valves on filling loop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everyone,

our boiler lost pressure and now I'm trying to open the water flow to increase it. I found the filling loop but can't figure out what to do to open it (see picture). //media.diynot.com/129000_128619_15825_12335234_thumb.jpg

The big red knob turns only one way and clicks, suggesting it's there for pressure release or something.
If I loosen the round black plastic bit on top with a screwdriver, water starts dripping out and I have to tighten it again.
The little black lever on the right (above the red knob) just won't move at all.

I know sometimes you have to open 2 things at the same time to get flow, but I can't even find one... Also, does the boiler have to be on while I do it?

Anyone has an idea of how to do this?
Any suggestions will be much appreciated!

Paola

Sponsored Links
the filling valve is at the top of your picture. small black plastic handle. can be quite stiff sometimes. thats a vaillant ecomax. don't touch the red valve thats the pressure relief valve. opening it may render it faulty and cause further pressure loss. Do you know if the boilers been serviced in the ast few years? it should have an updated burner door seal fitted, if not should be done asap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back