can't remove key when locked - upvc door

Sponsored Links
I seem to have this same issue. The door is unlocked but the key won't turn to the position where I can remove the key.

I have tried to remove the cylinder but the key won't seem to turn to the point where the lock will slide out.

Any ideas ?

Hi all,

I've had this same issue (well, key stuck in the lock while unlocked) which occurred after my other half used her key to unlock the door from the outside while my key was in the lock on the inside.

I did the same as Neil / @spiralarms and took out the barrel - using the two keys to gently twiddle around and get the alignment back in order.

Always worth trying to fix these things yourself; would have felt silly calling out a locksmith for such a simple task :)

Thanks Neil and others - have an awesome day!

Sponsored Links
I could not remove the barrel but tried the 2-key trick. Third time lucky, just joggled back and forth and twisted then bingo.

What would be do without the internet? Seems no one ever discovers a new problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back