Can't turn texecom premier alarm down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all can anyone help please, I need to turn the volume down on the alarm as it's upsetting neighbours and me to be honest , we did have a service contract but at over £90 can't afford to renew now hubby medically retired . Rang engineer but what they told us on phone didn't work and they will only sort it when they come out at renewal as it's not a fault . It really is very loud , has anyone got any ideas please . So far we have tried ...........
yes+menu >version 9
yes>backlight normal
yes>backlight active
yes>speaker volume (brought volume down to 5)
yes >reset .........
.It just went straight back to full volume

Please help if you can

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Enter code press menu, user menu press yes scroll down untill ajust volumes, will probably be panel volume ( speaker). ok

Enter code press menu, user menu press yes scroll down untill ajust volumes, will probably be panel volume ( speaker). ok
Thank you for posting ,I tried what you said but there is no "adjust volume" in the list when I scrolled

Sponsored Links
is that the master code ? do you have another code ? if so try that .
we have our own and master,have tried both

The only time we get to volume is by doing what they told us,volume comes down but when we press yes and try it ,it's right back up and as noisy as ever

thank you for trying though

sounds like thats the keypad volume you are trying to alter do you have an internal speaker ? i have just tried it on mine version 8 its turns down the internal speaker volume, but codes can be made custom when you set up system you may not have access to this setting.

Total novice here ,by internal speaker do you mean inside the keypad or an external one above it ?

I think you may be right and we need the engineer after all ,thanks for trying anyway

if its coming from an internal speaker, as a quick fix put something infront of speaker to dull the sound, tape up speaker sound vents.

There is a hidden menu which is accessed from day mode by pressing Yes & Menu together. Then press Yes to access more options, one of which is Speaker Volume. Press No to change the value and use the arrow keys to increase/decrease the values. 00 is off, 30 is full volume. Try that.

Thank you ,tried that but it just goes right back to full volume.

will do the tape over speaker I think ,thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back