Cap one leg of compression T

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I need to remove a branch from both my hot and cold supply (old washing machine location)

The branch uses compression fittings, so it's awkward to cut back past the olive and solder in a new section of pipe, especially as the location isn't easy access for a blow torch.

Can the branch simply be capped off? Could a 3/4" manifold cap be used to cap off the removed leg? Or is it different sized thread or is there another reason to not do this?

Sponsored Links
If it’s just a tee, then a blank cap can be used.

Thanks CBW
Somehow my searches on Screwfix were coming up with nothing useful (just kept getting various stop ends). Now I know they are called blank caps, it's easy. Amazed I didn't find them before.

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
Take the tee off and replace with a compression elbow or straight, they usually have the same internal sizes so should swap out no bother. Just a wrap or 2 of PTFE around the old olives to avoid any weeps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back