Caple Fridge Freezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_2158.JPG
IMG_2157.JPG
I have had a integrated Caple fridge freezer R1736 for about 3 years, lately I have had a lot of ice in the top of the drawer of the freezer. I understand every day a heater comes on to defrost the coils, when this happens the water drips into the drawer and freezes. I do not fancy trying to get the freezer out of the unit. There is a panel at the back of the freezer inside, with 4 screws, would I find anything here to cure the problem?
Many thanks to anyone who answers!

Sponsored Links
I don't confess to being an expert but have you tried a complete defrost making sure all the ice behind the panels you can't see is melted, and normally there is a drain line from the freezer to allow water to drain off after it has defrosted, just make sure this drain is clear and not blocked.

As you can see from the picture, there is a unit under the top of the freezer on the inside, would the drain pipe come from there, would it come out of the back panel on the inside of the freezer, four screws to take the panel off. I have done a defrost!

Sponsored Links
As you can see from the picture, there is a unit under the top of the freezer on the inside, would the drain pipe come from there, would it come out of the back panel on the inside of the freezer, four screws to take the panel off. I have done a defrost!
I would have thought it would be at the back of the lower shelf, there is normally a hole there which drains out the back through a tube which ends up near the compressor at the back, pour some water through the hole to make sure it is not blocked

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back