Capping a gas pipe

Problem with a van is van insurance costs, high fuel consumption and the fact that in big cities people want to break into them!

Mind you that estate uses more fuel than many vans!

Put an HMRC logo on the side and everyone will run the other way, vans safe then :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
I have lifted the floorboards a few feet from the gas meter and it definitely looks like iron to me - it has a thin coating of rust over it.

Only managed to get one plumber interested and when he found out it was iron pipe he ran a mile, is this normal?

The guy who did it last time was only here 35 minutes or so and it was the same sort of pipe, I thought this would be a pretty quick cash job for a qualified plumber.

Sponsored Links
Board is lifted and I have exposed a threaded bit of pipe!

Maybe the job is just too simple and not tempting enough

Job is a job to me.

You would get charged an hours labour and a couple of quid for materials if we did it.

Of course the whole system needs testing before and after, but assuming the right sized fitting is on board it is a job most decent professionals would class as easy money.

Poor business sense or bone idleness to turn down that kind of work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back