Capping an outside loo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, first post here and I've got what may be a silly question! I'm knocking down some outhouses and one has an outside loo which I'll be removing. Eventually I'll be turfing over where these outhouses were, so can anyone please help me regards capping the waste pipe and how to do it safelyso I don't fall into the sewer one day!!

Thanks for any help or advice

Sponsored Links
Hello I am not a plumber

I had an old outside loo at my 1900 home here and it had been filled with concrete. I only discovered this when I tried to dig it up. What had been done was a large plastic bag had been stuffed down the pipe about 12 inches and then concrete on top. Its still like that exept its only 6 inches of concrete now..

Sponsored Links
Cheers for the advice(!). Have since taken out the loo and discovered that it is just a branch into the main sewer (I thought it may be tapped into next doors sewer as well) so I am going to stick something down the hole and concrete it up!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back