car audio advice

Ok thanks, I am going to triple check all the connections. I have insulated all wires not in use but will check these too.
I suspect the head unit. It ocuurs after high volume playing maybe after 10 mins or there abouts. Thats from cold (in morning), thereafter it happens much quicker so it could be heat related.

Sponsored Links
Can you have the unit fitted so that when it cuts off you can feel unit where output transistors are fitted?

Plus is it possible to operate unit outside of enclosure where it is mounted and see if it cuts out so quick?

yes and yes. The headunit is getting pretty hot on its underside mainly. I do not know how hot they normally get. I can place my hand on it and keep it there, mind you I work with boilers so my hands are used to the heat.

So, if it is the head unit overheating I guess I should look at my options. Should I upgrade the head unit? Is it faulty or just not up to it? Should I get an amp to power my 2 speakers instead? If so how would I include my active sub into the equation?

Juice A8 Features
8" active enclosure
1000 watts
Built-in amplifier
Frequency response: 35 - 150 Hz
Impedance: 4 ohm
Sensitivity: 88 dB
Dimension: 350(W) x 265(H) x 430(L) (mm)

Just want to get my tunes back!!

Sponsored Links
So, if it is the head unit overheating I guess I should look at my options. Should I upgrade the head unit?
Try running it in the open first and see what happens.

You could end up upgrading only to have similar problem if generated heat cannot escape.

Ok, so it seems that the head unit has an overheating issue. What would my best option be.?

Purchase a new head unit, maybe a more expensive brand, in the hope that it will not overheat?

Get a seperate amp and run the speakers from that? Would that stop the head unit overheating and would I still connect my active sub to head unit via rca?

I want to get this right to save any future problems. Please help!
;)

Got to be honest ive never heard of in phase stuff, a head unit should have no problems driving those front speakers from its internal amp and should not overheat.
I would have a look at a unit from the likes of sony/pioneer etc, ive had these in various cars running aftermarket speakers etc and have not had a problem with any of them.
Have you tried altering the fade so that you have power to the driven speakers only ie back/front?

Back