Car Battery Is Degrading...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Alright guys

I replace my car battery around Christmas time for a garage and has been working find up until today. When I tried to start the car and it wouldn't. I called AA out and they advised me that the battery will need to be replaced because it's less than half full/charge.. It's degrading..

They have got it to work but jump starting it but they said it can go down anytime, a month or sooner than that..

However they said that garage might play hard ball and not want to replace the battery at all.. What to do??

Sponsored Links
Anybody might try to second guess what the garage might say but you need to go there first as it is with them you have all your consumer rights.

With regards the Sale of Goods and Services Acts remember it is for them to prove the battery is NOT faulty for the first six months.

Charge the battery fully be driving the car for a long distance with all electrical equipment switched off.
Disconnect the battery over night and reconnect in the morning. If the car starts the battery is good and something in the car is discharging it, over night. If the starter does not start the engine, because of a low battery, its the battery.

Sponsored Links
Back