Car disguising

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why is it that tv adverts, mainly for insurance companies, attempt to disguise well know makes & models of cars in a fashion where by the true identity of the car is obvious?

Is it some sort of legality?

I seem to remember a Ford advert (the one where cars are attached to balloons) featuring Fords that were crudely disguised.

Why?!

Another that comes to mind is the car tax evasion, featuring an Audi.

Sponsored Links
Errr 'cos they are advertising insurance, not cars.

Err...Ford advert, featuring disguised Ford cars?

I think they were advertising cars.

Sponsored Links
Err...Ford advert, featuring disguised Ford cars?

I think they were advertising cars.

Just to help you, here is a link to the Ford Mondeo ad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjH4g2lLxAY

When the ONE Mondeo appears at the end, take a look and tell me how it is disguised.

yes but there are disguised mondeos, fiestas, sierras, and i believe a ****roen zantia.

ive always been puzzled by this myself but not really cared enough to enquire. perhaps they just dont want their new repmobile somehow compared against these older models.

They are advertising the NEW mondeo.... amking it out to be better than all other cars.
The rest arn't exactly wearing a false mostache and rain coat
:LOL:

They are advertising the NEW mondeo.... amking it out to be better than all other cars.
The rest arn't exactly wearing a false mostache and rain coat
:LOL:

yes, clearly, but why are all other cars disguised??

Exactly, why would they spend time & money to make the cars look non descript, when they could just use un-doctored cars?

Another is the tic-tac ad.

Exactly, why would they spend time & money to make the cars look non descript, when they could just use un-doctored cars?
Because they are not advertising other cars.
They only use representations of others cars - even their own make.
This is to prevent mis representation of another manufacturer and to focus the advertising on the target product.

Sponsored Links
Back