Car Insurance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone in similar circumstances as me. I have an 18 yrs old daughter,coming up to her 1st years no claim,a week away.

her first year,was a p reg peugot 106,value, £400, cost £1400 to insure,she also has pass plus, and was on a curfew from 11pm-5am, fine, that's what it's cost, and i loved the curfew, but it has a tracker on for milage checking (4000) per annum.

So, the chances of it going missing are very slim,our next quote, 11 1/2 months later for her is £2800........with the curfew, tracker, etc.

Tried to put her on mine,(as you do)....£2500.

She left college and straight into a nursey place,so needs it for work, her pay is pretty poor, but it's a job.

Anyone in the same situation??? need cheaper insurance, i know a way to maybe fiddle it, but she won't go down that road.(good).

If we could find it at about £1700, she will have £80 a month for fuel, mac d's and clothes.

Sponsored Links
My son was 18 when he first got his insurance, £1600 quid fully comp. You probably won't find anything much cheaper ( his car was worth 700 ).

For the first year they have to bite the bullet, as I mentioned in another post, him and 6 of his mates all had accidents in the first year, and this is where the issue lies with regard to expensive first year insurance. :(

try goin on google then type in easy money car insurance this site has given me many good quotes as my family is expanding and i am in need of a family car.

Sponsored Links
Been told this the norm today, because of fraud claims, 5 yrs ago i was in the house when a women left her hand brake off, rolled into mine of very little value, paid me £500, then my insurance goes up from £3oo to 500?

This is a tip I was given by a parent.
If your offspring are not desperate to learn to drive, on their 17th birthday, get an old banger in insurance group one. Insure it and leave it lying in the garden unused for the first year. The next year they have one year's no claim.

Anyone in similar circumstances as me. I have an 18 yrs old daughter,coming up to her 1st years no claim,a week away.

her first year,was a p reg peugot 106,value, £400, cost £1400 to insure,she also has pass plus, and was on a curfew from 11pm-5am, fine, that's what it's cost, and i loved the curfew, but it has a tracker on for milage checking (4000) per annum.

So, the chances of it going missing are very slim,our next quote, 11 1/2 months later for her is £2800........with the curfew, tracker, etc.
Do I read this right that to renew with a years no claims they want to double the premium :eek: I told you how much it was to insure down this way,move down this way but not to close, Somerset will do :LOL:

JohnD not a sausage on her licence, oompah, went there on your advice, Everywhere is over the top.

Now,we either..... breaking news, down to £21050, third party only,without restrictions. may have to park it at my friends, which used to be 300 quid cheaper, although the area, salford, setting cars on fire up driveways :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Maybe give these a try: one or two. Good luck.

Tried those already thanks,anyway, changed to a friends adress who lives only 2 miles away, different town/city,and brought it down to £1600!!! unbelievable!!! Talk about a postcode lottery! His area only two years ago had problems with cars getting fired up on the driveways :eek: .

Just got to sort the log book out now, maybe the address on her licence, i know where i live from now on, thanks for all your help.
Don't know what you feel about what were doing but,dishonest or not, but she needs this car for her job, and if i have to tell a few porkies, then so be it. A thousand pounds cheaper??? I'm being forced to cheat.

I'm being forced to cheat.
That's an interesting point

"I'm forced to be a crook because it's to my advantage"

compare this to

"I'm forced to steal because I make money out of it"

"I'm forced to be a shoplifter because it's cheaper than paying for things"

"I'm forced to drink and drive because it's cheaper than paying a taxi"

It will be amusing to find out if the insurance company feels "forced" to pay if there is a claim.

Sponsored Links
Back