Car overheating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bit of an odd one this one. More gardening than cars! My neighbour claims his car is overheating because of the leaves from my tree getting into the air filter. I think he's taking the ****, but don't know enough about cars to say whether he is or not. Is he, or could he have a point?

Sponsored Links
Tosh, blocked air filter would stop it running at all.
Leaves tend to get into vents for heater jsut clear them out.Tell him to move to a 20th floor flat.
Trees are part of nature, cars aren't so he must adapt to nature.
Trees absorp Co2- he gives it out
Trees give fruit which you can eat
Trees encourage wildlife to make ecology sound
There many more reasons why trees are better than car owners

get one of them new fangled skodas, they are made from cake, delicious

Skoda_Fabia_Cake_450.jpg

Sponsored Links
Having looked into it a bit more, I suspect he is talking about the leaves blocking his radiator rather than getting into the air filter. It looks like that is quite a common reason for cars overheating. Wouldn't that be more likely to occur when you are actually driving, rather than just parking under a tree?

sounds more like he wants you to cut your tree down. Get a tree preservation order on it before he slaps a management order on you.

i have a neighbour with OCD who sweeps his garden twice daily (and uses his hosepipe during bans). I just love it when the squirrels throw hazelnut shells into his garden from the nearby trees. I have planted more hazels . :evil:

tell him to maintain/clean his vehicle properly and mother nature will not be a problem.

I'm sure he'd love me to cut the tree down. I'm just making sure I have an answer to all of his complaints, and the car overheating was one of the more dubious of these.

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Back