Car port - Roof!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

First post. Just moved house and it needs a few things doing to it. As a inexperienced DIY'er I could do with your help.

It has a car port that runs up the side of the house and joins the garage. It has a flat felt roof.

The roof is leaking in two places and all the paint is bubbling and peeling off.

Are these two linked? So is the water making the paint bubble and peel?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I presume that the paint bubbling is near to the leak and not just constant. I imagine if the roof is in need of repair the paintwork and any soffits may be in need of some work.

It’s not uncommon for timbers to be untreated upon installation and treated after. Therefore any water ingress could potentially (and likely) be getting into the wood, making it swell and damp thus damaging the paint.

Check the condition of the timbers, fix the leak. Its a reasonable DIY if you are game for it

Thanks,

The paint is bubbling and peeling all over. So far I have only found 3 leaks.

Maybe the water is coming through and spreading throughout the base?

Is the base the same thing as the soffits?

I am not sure how these things are constructed, is it safe for me to get up there?

How would I check the condition of the timbers, are they the boards at the bottom (soffits?) or are they between the base and the felt?

Sponsored Links
Can you add them to your thread? Click on each photo and then add the DIYnot BBCode: to your post ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back