Water ingress into Garage/car port

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a double garage consisting of two seperate single doors. One opening is a fully enclosed garage. The other has one end open & is classed (planning permission) as a car port. Both suffer from small amounts of water ingress at the bottom of the external walls. At the front of the garage/car port the damp proof course is one brick up. At the back of it on one side the public footpath is level with the damp course.

I can't do much about the height of the damp course so is it work putting in a chemical damp course or do I just paint the walls with water repeller? What I do not want to do is mess it up to make it even worse (exploding brick work etc).

Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. when I say small amounts of water ingress it varies around the garage but in heavy rain in the car port I can get quite a puddle (& it is not coming in through the open end or under the door!)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back