Advice please -enclosing car port

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Carport 1.jpg
Carport2.JPG
The detached dorma bungalow house we are buying got pp etc for the carport in the photos that is next to an integral garage
The carport is very well constructed
We wish to brick in the side and far end of the carport and put a garage door on the front
We then wish to take out 4/5m of the wall between the car port and the garage to make effectively a double garage- of course supported by the right size RSJ
It will be done properly by our builder but I am doing the paperwork side
I do not believe we need planning permission but does anyone with the knowledge, know if we will need building regulation approval
many thanks

Sponsored Links
A car port is defined in planning rules, if you close in the sides, the rules are then decided based on it becoming an extension.

It may qualify as a side extension under pd?

Thanks-googling tells me it becomes a garage if I turn it into one ie.put as we woulda garage
door on

Have you mentioned your plans to your neighbours? If your plans went ahead they would loose a lot of light in one of their rooms.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the comment
Should have said the window you can see next door is in their garage and we will put a large window opposite

I'd be surprised if you'd be allowed to block that window- even if it is a garage

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back