Help me resolve a 13yr old problem!! [I'm desperate] Garage access

as an aside
assuming the parking space to the right hand side is not yours then you can not plan on using that space with a part side opening door as its not your land you cannot even walk or drive over it legally
you may get temporary acceptance and be allowed to cross but that can change at any time as in caravan parked there friday afternoon and never moved
you need to define exactly where you have entitlement to cross and plan on that and nothing else ??

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
as an aside
assuming the parking space to the right hand side is not yours then you can not plan on using that space with a part side opening door as its not your land you cannot even walk or drive over it legally
you may get temporary acceptance and be allowed to cross but that can change at any time as in caravan parked there friday afternoon and never moved
you need to define exactly where you have entitlement to cross and plan on that and nothing else ??

The parking space is mine. If I owned the worlds smallest car, I would be able to use it :mrgreen:

I might pop and see the neighbours over the weekend. See if they have any objections. Whilst the parking space is mine, if I were to have a double garage, the back of the new garage wall would cover the back of their garage (seen in the photo). This is why I need that party wall document signing I think. Not sure if it covers external garages, maybe I don't need one? Think it only polite to talk to them first though.

Keep thinking, do a few measurements. There's always a solution. Not from me I'm afraid, I lack imagination.

Garage and house clashing? Don't sweat it:

Screenshot_20210709-084144.png

Sponsored Links
Without a plan of the whole situation it's difficult to envisage any potential workable solution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back