Car reliability.

I understood that most, if not all Honda's sold in this Country were made in Swindon and Sunderland. So one could say the Honda UK is the Tops!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not all Hondas are built in the UK. Several models (not sure which) are imported through Royal Portbury Dock near Bristol from Japan. Thousands of them sit in compounds, awaiting delivery to dealers.

Sponsored Links
Some also come from the U.S.
Christ, whats the world coming to? They choose to build cars in America? :eek:

It gets worse than that.

I was working at Portbury Dock for a while. Whilst I was there, I saw special containers being emptied on the dock side containing C class Mercedes. Each container had 3 cars in each, arranged at odd angles on a special frame that was then slid out by fork lift.

Turns out these Mercedes are made in South Africa. Imagine that - you pay megabucks for your quality car, expecting it to be assembled with care by someone called Hans in Germany. Then you find out its actually been built by AFRICANS!!!

Sponsored Links
Japanese every time for me: had a Lexus and several Mazdas, come fully loaded rather than just a body, seats four wheels and a steering wheel and, best of all utterly reliable.

Just got rid of our Toyota Rav. Had it eight and a half years, the only problem we had, the heater fan went in the first couple of months. It had done 110,000 miles and still had the original exhaust. We only got rid of it as we needed more seats, I'll definately get another one when they bring out the 7 seat version.

Back