carburettors excuse my ignorance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to sound thick, but cars are not my thing! Im trying to track down a carb for my ford p100, so my mechanic can fit it. Now hes told me its a weber ford pinto with 4 bolts to secure it to the manifold. As the engine is a sierra one, and a 1.9 ive seen one on ebay, but the gut informs me its come from a 1.6 sierra, otherwise its perfect in all respects. Does the difference in engine size matter?

Sponsored Links
in the mean time why not ask your mechanic seeing as he will be the one fitting it?

stone me i didnt think of that! Its a sunday, cant get hold of him and the item on ebay runs out soon, so if its a blatently obvious answer like no a 1.6 wont be up to the job of a 1.9 engine then that will do for me, otherwise if its a might work ill splash out a few sheckles on it. ;)

Weber is the make of carburettor,Ford pinto is the type of engine.
Not sure,but think it is the 32/36 DGAV on the pinto (Ford overhead cam engine)
Although probably too late for the auction,the difference between carburettors for different engine sizes will be either:-
1)The size of the barrels (venturi's),which limit the airflow
2)The size of the jets within the carburettor,which limit the amount of fuel

Normally if you overbore an engine,or want to improve the power output,you keep the carburettor and increase the jet size.
A bigger engine normally needs a bigger carburettor,for the increased airflow.

Sponsored Links
sorry its a bit late, but thanks for your help powertool

Back