Carpentry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to build my own external wooden gate. I would like to know the best and cheapest wood top use. :?:

Sponsored Links
If you want it to be cheap, use pressure treated (tanalised) softwood. It's most commonly available sawn, but you may find a supplier whose able to supply treated planed timber. Some timber merchants will treat any timber they supply.

depends on size style ect

is often cheaper to buy a ready made gate than to buy the wood and fixings

If you want it to be cheap, use pressure treated (tanalised) softwood. It's most commonly available sawn, but you may find a supplier whose able to supply treated planed timber. Some timber merchants will treat any timber they supply.

Sponsored Links

try a garden centre or local hardware store
or google" wooden garden gates"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back