Hanging a garden gate .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ..

I am looking at hanging a 6ft garden gate ..

I have wooden fences and posts at the bottom of my garden and a concrete fence post on the boundary which is on my side .. which would be the best post to hang the gate from the wooden or concrete post ?

I understand that if I use the concrete post I need to secure a wooden post to this first ..

Any ideas on methods and fixings would be much appreciated .. :)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
A wooden post is easier to hang a gate from, it is probably easier to work independently of the concrete post if possible the drawbacks of the concrete post are concrete post edge could be out of plumb depending on design and the concrete will very hard and will have reinforcing bars inside also will have a big lump of concrete at the bottom which means you wont be able to sink the wooden post in the ground none of these problems are insurmountable but just make life a little harder

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back