Carpet Adhesive compatible with an Asphalt floor ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To cut a long story short, I have bought and fitted a cheap felt backed carpet (no underlay).

The bloke in the carpet shop told me to stick it down with carpet adhesive.

So I bought a can of evo-stick carpet adhesive. However I've just read the back of the can and it says it's not to be used on asphalt floors. My floor is asphalt.

I've also just read the datasheet for everbuild's carpet adhesive and that also states it's not to be used on asphalt floors.

So does anybody know of a carpet adhesive that is compatible with asphalt floors?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Polymer. Stixall or CT1 type. Id go for the cheaper one and clear.
Don't go mad with it. Thin line will do.
Just my thoughts on what I'd use

Polymer. Stixall or CT1 type. Id go for the cheaper one and clear.
Don't go mad with it. Thin line will do.
Just my thoughts on what I'd use

Thanks for replying Wayners. I've got a half a tube of stixall let over from another job. So I will squirt a bit on the asphalt floor in the cupboard under the stairs to check it doesn't have a chemical reaction and sticks ok.

I can't believe there isn't a dedicated product. I reckon half the houses in Great Britain have an asphalt ground floor.

Any other ideas, anyone?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You better with F41 Tack adhesive
Thanks dazlight. I've been reading the datasheet for it and it looks a nice gentle (solvent-free) product ideal for sticking things to asphalt floors. (y)

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back