Carpet flattened quickly?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have really nice carpet in the front room, cant remember they type of the syyle but cost over £25 per square metre.
Anyway the carpet leads off the laminate floor which leads to the front door. The carpet has been down 8 months
The problem we have is that the areas of carpet that are walked on have gone flat very quickly and seem alsost as if the fibres are all gummed together. The carpet is very flat in these areas across the whole floor. The areas that have the sofas and tv etc are as new and when you hoover these areas the fibres come back up and you can see the pile.
Any ideas on how to restore the as new look.
We've washed the carpet with a rug doctor which got loads of dirt out, but never rejuvenated the fibres.
Is it worth paying a pro to come in and do it properly,
or is the carpet ruined and my finacee can blame me for walking my shoes on it.

Sponsored Links
dabaldie said:
We have really nice carpet in the front room, cant remember they type of the syyle but cost over £25 per square metre.
Anyway the carpet leads off the laminate floor which leads to the front door. The carpet has been down 8 months
The problem we have is that the areas of carpet that are walked on have gone flat very quickly and seem alsost as if the fibres are all gummed together. The carpet is very flat in these areas across the whole floor.
Was it professionaly laid? What kind of underlay was used?

dabaldie said:
The areas that have the sofas and tv etc are as new and when you hoover these areas the fibres come back up and you can see the pile.
Any ideas on how to restore the as new look.
New carpet?

dabaldie said:
We've washed the carpet with a rug doctor which got loads of dirt out, but never rejuvenated the fibres.
Is it worth paying a pro to come in and do it properly
Always.

dabaldie said:
...or is the carpet ruined and my finacee can blame me for walking my shoes on it.
It doesn't matter what happens - you'll get the blame for something anyway.

thanks softus.
yeah i always get the blame.
the carpet was professioanlly laid and decent underlay was used.
looks like i'll call the pros in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back