Carpet on concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm removing old laminate floor (currently sitting on black plastic) and will be placing a carpet on the concrete floor. The floor is not level as there is variation from the floor to skirting board of 20-25mm.

What would be the best course to take?

1. Prime floor
2. DPM
3. Self levelling compound
4. Possibly replace skirting board. Old ones are past it and will probably be too high when carpet goes down.

Any recommendation on products to use would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
S

Sponsored Links
This might be a silly question, but why does the floor to skirting board gap indicate the floor isnt level.......

Does the floor need a dpm? Have you had a moisture test taken?

Use a screeding compound and primer to level the floor. New skirting would be good yes.

Sponsored Links
Hi

I was assuming that the skirting board was level but that seems slightly out. The only way of knowing is when I remove all the laminate and get a level on there. I think I'll go for new skirting as the old stuff has taken lots of knocks over the years.

I'll do a moisture test too.

Thanks for the help.
Cheers
S

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back