Carpet runner on my stairs.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We are wanting to have a carpet runner on our stairs.

My stairs have a turn in them, so do you just buy a carpet runner and a get a good carpet fitter to install or do i need a certain type of carpet to fit into the turn??

Also is it possible to buy any carpet and have it made into a runner, probably at an extra cost no doubt.

Rezarf

Sponsored Links
What do you mean by "turn"
- is it a twister (triangular stair)
- or is it a 90 degree turn?

Normally a customer will decide how wide they want the runner
It can be cut and wipped(edged) out of normal carpet
or it can be cut and edged using a propriety system (stairrods do one)
or some manufacturers do sell a pre prepared runner (but that takes the choice out of how wide it is)

If you have a staircase with lots of turns it is often easier to have the fitter carefully cut and shape the pieces on site, they are then sent off for edging, and then the fitter returns for final instalation

Please be aware that this will be much more expensive than standard fitting. If you introduce stripes and stairrods the price can be stratospheric!
Secondly are your stairs up to this? for example are they full of dents and cracks? are the front of your treads in good order?
If they are not perfect, be aware that filler does not last very long, the action of using the stairs quickly cracks it. TV design a home programs
make a project like this look easy, but often it isnt!

Good luck ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back